Over recent weeks the ‘Floating Frame’ card has gone somewhat viral on Facebook and Pinterest! I LOVE the idea, but I have to say I am not over keen on spending a fortune on Glad Press and Seal to get the technique to work. So, I had a think about how I could do this technique with things that are already in my craft room…. and hey, Washi Tape to the rescue!
I also couldn’t miss the chance to use the retiring Petal Palette stamp set one last time before the end of May, although I can already see some new stamp sets that are coming in the upcoming Annual catalogue that will work just as well.
This card has a few steps, and while I rest up and wait for baby to arrive I don’t have the energy to film a video for you. Instead, I thought I would break it down into steps…
How to create a Floating Frame Card…
- Stamp the Petal Palette floral corner stamp in Memento Ink and use Blends to colour. I’ve used the Blackberry Bliss due and Granny Apple Green, with a hint of Flirty Flamingo here.
- Use the coordinating dies to cut out the stamped images.
- Then, using your grid paper as a guide, arrange the floral corners into a sort of loose frame shape.
- Select 2 of the Rectangle Stitched Dies (I would suggest using two that aren’t particularly close in size) and arrange them on top of the die cuts, creating a frame.
- Take a long-ish piece of Washi Tape and stick it onto your arm or clothes to remove some of the stick. Then take small pieces off this long tape and stick the dies to the die cuts.
- Run the floral corners and stitched dies through your die cutting machine.
- Before removing the Washi Tape, remove the pieces of die cut outside of the frame and add Dimensionals to the frame pieces.
- Adhere to your card front, and then remove your Washi Tape and dies.
The sentiment is take from a different stamp set; Stitched All Around (which is going forward into the new catalogue), stamped in Blackberry Bliss to coordinate with the Floral corners and card base.
To purchase any of the items featured in my projects please use the links above. To join my team of Stampin’ Friends select ‘Join My Team’ or send me a message!
Please support StampinByHannah, and enter my Code Club Code. For orders of over £150 please do not use this code, as you are entitled to your own Hostess benefits!
Sign up to my newsletter for regular updates from me!