Hello! Welcome to this week’s Christmas Countdown…. there are 72 days left before the fat man arrives… and no I have not started my Christmas shopping yet! or really even thinking about it.
I have however started to think about my favourite things to do in the winter. We have a strong evening routine in our house of hot chocolate before bed… it started with that need for something sweet after dinner, but with lower calories…. and well, as you can see that hasn’t worked all that well!
My husband is a particular type of hot chocolate drinker… I think he would call it purest, its Cadbury’s or nothing! I personally, like the ones with different flavours… except white chocolate… that just not right!
So, these are right up his street…. nothing but chocolate-y goodness!
The bags are a Stampin’ Up! secret! I am sure that these are one of the most hidden items that Stampin’ Up! do… and yet they are in the catalogue, right there with all the fun papers and envelopes! Cellobags!
They even do various different sizes and types! These ones are the 3 x 6″ gusseted variety. I use the 6 x 8″ ones when I’m packing your class kits and prepping for my videos …. they are just one of those things that are super handy to have in your crafty stash!
The cute little labels are made using the Snowflake Sentiments bundle. This bundle comes with a super cute little label die… although I do think it is a little small for a gift, its the perfect size for price labels on your craft fair table, or packaging for your handmade soaps or chocolates… or like here for your instructions for your real Hot Chocolate!
These are super simply to make….in fact there is only one ingredient!
- Get your kids or grandkids to eat 6 fromage frais type yogurts, and clean the pots
- Wipe the inside with vegetable oil using a pastry brush
- Melt a 150g bar of chocolate …. milk or dark is best! I find that the easiest way is to put just over half of the chocolate in a bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds at a time, giving it a good stir between blasts. Then, once the chocolate is melted, add the remaining chocolate and stir well.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the empty yogurt pots, ensuring that each pot has a similar amount.
- Add a wooden lollipop stick to the centre of each chocolate pot. Give the chocolate a moment to start to cool, and they should stand up on their own.
- Decorate with chocolate drops, edible glitters, mini marshmallows or sugar pearls
- Pop the chocolate pots into the fridge to set for a few hours (I would suggest overnight). Once they are fully set, the chocolate stirrers should pull out of the pots easily.
To enjoy your hot chocolate….
- Fill your favourite mug 3/4 full with milk, and heat in the microwave until hot. Dunk your Hot Chocolate Stirrer into the hot milk and stir until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Drink and enjoy!
To purchase any of the items featured in my projects please use the links above. To join my team of Stampin’ Friends select ‘Join My Team’ or send me a message!
Please support StampinByHannah, and enter my Code Club Code. For orders of over £150 please do not use this code, as you are entitled to your own Hostess benefits!
Sign up to my newsletter here – http://eepurl.com/2if59
Stampin’ Up! UK Independent Demonstrator