So I thought while we wait for my Stampin’ Up! starter kit to arrive and my online shop to go live I would start a series of posts around Card making basics, and where is the best place to start? tools? well it is now!
- paper trimmer – the Stampin Up! paper trimmer is my personal favourite because of its large cutting and measuring area and the fact that it can be changed from a basic trimmer into a rotatory cutter
- bone folder – I always though, a bone folder was a bone folder, I was wrong! there is just something about the Stampin Up! bone folder, either size or weight that makes a massive difference with burnishing score lines
- Simply Scored – I LOVE THIS Tool! hands down my favourite tool from any craft company! I have yet to come across a project where I don’t use it; cards, boxes, bags, envelopes,
- stamps – don’t think I need to say much more about stamps really, love them, cant get enough!
- Punches – see stamps!
- Paper piercer – use it for everything, in particular getting the backing off that pesky sticky strip!
- Tweezers – use a basic pair (designed for eyebrows I do believe) to remove backing from tape, sticky strip, place jewels and pearls, hold items while embossing, I use my tweezers all the time
- Grid paper – very useful for lining up papers, measuring, ensuring stamps are straight etc. and stopping your desk from getting messy!
- Big shot! – so useful, admittedly can be done without, but fantastic for die-cutting and embossing. I would suggest that an embossing machine (the texture boutique is awesome) adds a special extra something to your cards and projects. Along the same vein, dies and embossing folders, I would suggest dies that match stamps, and simple embossing patterns such as dots and strips
- Stampin Scrub – hands down the best way to clean those intricate and detailed stamps. I will openly admit, for years I have used the cheapest baby wipes I could possibly find, but no longer. My stamps are finally clean!
While I’m here, don’t forget to check out my site at StampinUp.net : http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/stampinbyhannah
Stampin’ Up! UK Independent Demonstrator
If you like the project, or any of the products used, would like a catalogue, or to join my team, please contact me, or click on the ‘Shop NOW’ button at the top of the page. You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Google+, About.me, and Tumblr (Links in the sidebar)
Thank you for stopping by www.www.stampinbyhannah.co.uk today